Monday, October 18, 2010

APE 2010 Round Up

This past weekend I was over at the Alternative Press Expo in San Francisco.  All-in-all it was a good time, while sales weren't that great(I heard the same from a lot of the attendees, so I don't feel too bad) the people who did stop by to check things out seemed genuinely interested in the book and it's upcoming release. I got to meet a lot of really cool folks and hang out with my pals Jonathan, Vincent & Jana (all Image central employees coincidentally enough) and all their comics pals who stopped by to check things out :)

I also got to go over more details about AmityBlamity Book One with Dan from SLG...exciting news coming shortly!  As well as meet the amazingly talented Philippa Rice who does one of my favorite comics called "My Cardboard Life"  - if you haven't checked it out here's a link http://mycardboardlife.com/  it's pretty brilliant.  She was all the way over from London England for the weekend!

Finally, I want to give some shout outs to Dave & Nikita who bought early copies of Pigtails and Potbellies back in 2008, their pal Alek, Laurne Davis who is putting out a book called "The Comic Book Guide to the Mission" in which there will be 3 pages by yours truly, and Leef the owner of Mission Comics & Art who I featured in my pages for Laurens book :)  Also, big thanks to all the good people who picked up a copy of Amity Blamity and who shared their stuff with me.  I didn't get to do any shopping so I was thrilled to be able to trade with people for great books!

Well, back to work - as soon as I solidify my exciting news I will post the details :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Amity Blamity" (formerly "Pigtails & Potbellies") characters and content is copyright (c) 2008-2011 by Michael White. All rights reserved.